Xscreensaver

Sherpa

Yes, there is a way.

Disable the KDE screensavers in the KDE Control Panel, then start xscreensaver with this command:

xscreensaver-command -prefs

might be --prefs, it will tell you if it's wrong. From there, configure your xscreensaver and it will work instead of KDE's screensaver program (which is crap, imo)

is there a way to get it intagrated into the configure desktop function? or do i always have to run it from a terminal, and do i have to run that command every time i restart, i did find a FAQ that told me to make a file in my autostart dir, (~/.kde/autostart) with the name xscreensaver.desktop, and contain the following lines:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=xscreensaver
Name=XScreensaver
Type=Application
X-KDE-StartupNotify=false

not sure what this does please tell me,,,

Hmm that seems to be the same problem I'm having, every time that I shutdown my computer and start it back up, the scrensaver is never running unless I start xscreensaver. Some one knows the answer out there. I was running,

$ xscreensaver

once that closed down I couldn't access it again it said that it was already running in another window but I could never see it. So some one suggested that I run this

$ xscreensaver-demo

don't know what it does, but I open it up configure my stuff and then close it and then open it up again. I'm going to try the one thats up on top ^

xscreensaver-command -prefs

I'll have to try this, This should be an interesting topic.

-Luis

I would send you a screenshot but Im new I don't know how to put one in or even make one.

I just got to Konsole and type in this,

xscreensaver-demo

This pulls up a screen, that has a list of all the screensavers, and the time that you want it to start, and then how much time before it stops, and turns of the monitor, if you know how to put in a screenshot tell me and I'll more more than glad to provide one.

-Luis

Screensavers should also be in your K-menu (start-menu). It's under 'settings'.

I believe this is KDE's screensaver, which is what they don't want to use (see earlier posts).

QUOTE (devries @ Jul 1 2004, 02:56 PM)

Screensavers should also be in your K-menu (start-menu). It's under 'settings'.

I believe this is KDE's screensaver, which is what they don't want to use (see earlier posts).

I completely agree.

-Luis