is it just me

lauram93

or is MDK 10 starting to remind anyone of WinXP? I guess not really,but I could have gone with out the 5 popups from Mandrake when I first installed. (a survey, asking me to register, etc) I guess I should just be happy there are no balloon bubbles, dancing paperclips, or the OS warning me about viewing contents of a folder :lol:

and the default fonts are a lot nicer than mdk 9!

club members get discounts at the mandrake store...of course you have to be above a standard member (mind you standard members do get the 4cd's and access to a good bit of "non-free" software through the club repo's). and you get support when your a club member...even the standard level...

I'm a standard member...

everyone continues to whine and complain about things Mandrake is doing, but you have to remember they -are a business- and do -have to make money- to stay afloat. People weren't -buying- their software, so they tried to offer other ways of supporting them (and looked for other ways of being supported).

Edited by tyme

tyme is that FREE like beer or speech!

as far as I know the nvidia driver, acrobat etc. are all FREE like Beer but not like SPEECH becuase of licenses....

At Silver I believe you get discounts or access to Star Office etc. ??

I had my silver membership which expired and I realised all I got was emails all the time for promotions! I tried club and expert then came HERE! then I forgot to leave!

Its all very confusing actually.... another thing shared with MS licensing....

however I think in MDK's case its not suscpicious they just cant run the business side of things and go off on all osrts of tangents with ideas that never quite come to fruition.

As a standard club member I have access to some non-free as in berr and also non-free as in speech packages. vmware is an example - although I don't know if it's just a demo, I haven't try it out yet.

Silver and above get the Powerpack as part of their membership - from what I've read.

and the powerpack vmware is definately demo.

actually its worth the money but I just lost loads, literally lost my wallent !

so not this month !!!!

Id be interested to know what NON BEER type progs you cqn get since it appears you have to join to find out