Urpmi and RPM Drake Errors

SwiftDeath

I can't figure out whats going on, I added some sources, run the necessary updates, and then I start enjoying the ease of installing programs with ease. But I a lot of invalid signatures, and I read somewhere that their ok to ingore, so I did.... None of the programs with invalid signatures that I installed work. This includes, Quake 3, Quake 2, Bidwatcher, a special version of Nethack.

here are my sources:

Hmm... you guys got any idea whats going on?

Thanks in advance,

SwiftDeath

I could be totally wrong, but I thought the Quake engines were only installers/libs and you still need files from the disks? Once again, I really don't know, but if you don't need files from the disks, can you point me to the mirror you downloaded, say Quake3 from and I will test for you.

Also, if you could maybe list some of the errors you get or describe what happens..."they don't work" is not very descriptive (I don't know of anyway else to say that and keep it from sounding sarcastic...lol). Open a console and try to run one from the commandline and see if it sends any errors to the terminal. Anyway, point me to where you got one and I'll test on my machine.

I could be totally wrong, but I thought the Quake engines were only installers/libs and you still need files from the disks? Once again, I really don't know, but if you don't need files from the disks, can you point me to the mirror you downloaded, say Quake3 from and I will test for you.

Just as a courtesy, if you did download Quake 3 from one of the mirrors and are giving Steve the server, please do it via pm. I do not believe this game has been Open Sourced, but I may be wrong. I have no problem with you giving Steve the mirror so he can test it out on his system, but please refrain from posting the link on the open forum and do it via pm please.

Thanks

Well.... Its actually one one of those sources I listed above... I just typed quake in RPM drake...

But anyways, it wasn't quake I cared about.... Its all these invalid signautes I'm getting.

Like on Bidwatcher, it says it cannot match the time right with ebay, and I dled Nethack and it didn't work, and I guess I'm assuming that its because of the invalid signatues, but maybe ur right and its not.

I'm just wondering whats going on with these goofy errors, and if those are the cause to the programs from the stuff I'm dling.

I've added a few programs with invalid signatures. Like older Mandrake rpms (from 9.1 and 8.2) like xkobo and xgammon. Stuff not in 10.0. And also stuff from outside like Suse RPM's for acrobat and acrobat plugin and they have all worked fine. I've yet to come up on an rpm that didn't work yet.

with 10 I've came across a lot of invalid signatures also, with varying degrees of install success, which doesn't go over well on a dial up connection :wall: I've tried changing my sources, updating them also, neither of which seemed to solve the problem. The main problems seem to lie in PLF and Contrib, is this where your finding them also SwiftDeath?? I'm pretty sure PLF has the quake stuff (and you do need the discs for them to run-google it for instructions) So how can one go about fixing this problem?? Is their a way to import the signatures or update them on your machine?