Mandrake 10.0 Official Edition ISOs are here !

liberforce

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have downloaded the iso files of mdk10 (cd1, cd2 and cd3). Unfortunately, Nero cd-burner always says that, there is not enough space on the disk (700 MB). Whether what is the problem?

Thanks.

Fahdl

no, just nice to have to share with other or if you have to reinstall......unless you enjoyed the netinstall.

I actually found the network-install quite painless.

I have downloaded the iso files of mdk10 (cd1, cd2 and cd3). Unfortunately, Nero cd-burner always says that, there is not enough space on the disk (700 MB). Whether what is the problem?

Thanks.

Fahdl

I mount the image using Daemons Tool and the use Nero Burning to make my 4 disc copies, no problem with Nero mounting the ISOs.

Is like copy the disc from one drive to another.

Hell if I know... :twisted:

The .torrent files don't work: I have "got bad file info" message.

I've tried with an other .torrent file, the CE one, to see if my config changed by itself, but no it works with the CE .torrent.

must be the OE .torrent file that is bad :o

Does somebody else had the trouble ? or better does the .torrent file for OE worked for somebody here ?

Thanks

roland

The .torrent files don't work: I have "got bad file info" message.

I've tried with an other .torrent file, the CE one, to see if my config changed by itself, but no it works with the CE .torrent.

must be the OE .torrent file that is bad :o

Does somebody else had the trouble ? or better does the .torrent file for OE worked for somebody here ?

Thanks

roland

First report that I read here that the Bittorrent file is not working the FTP and P2P programs like Emule is working perfect. Also Emule have the 4 Disc, try one of this options if you can.

The management of this board do not, in any way, promote the downloading of Mandrake products in any form which they, themselves, do not permit. This includes using P2P programs to get CD's which are not available from the free ISO downloads on the FTP Servers. We ask that you not provide people with links to, or specifics upon obtaining, Mandrake products in a manner that is contrary to what they allow.

Ok got them through FTP. Well I liked the torrent idea.

I've done the 3 downloads simultaneously.

178 KB/s for CD1, 188KB/s for CD2, 151KB/s for CD3, simultaneously, in proxad.net. I couldn't believe it, that gives a total of 517KB/s, around 4Mbauds/s ! B) . On less than 2.5 hours that was done. I knew my connection is quite special but it's supposed to be 2Mbauds/s. :unsure:

We ask that you not provide people with links to, or specifics upon obtaining, Mandrake products in a manner that is contrary to what they allow.

:unsure:

I didn't know they could only allow anything in particular

OpenSource/GNU

what have I missed?

We ask that you not provide people with links to, or specifics upon obtaining, Mandrake products in a manner that is contrary to what they allow.

I didn't know they could only allow anything in particular

OpenSource/GNU

what have I missed?

Powerpacks can only be obtained by either purchasing them from Mandrakesoft or by being a club member of a certain level. Not only is this what Mandrake allows, but the powerpacks do infact contain products that are not GNU/OpenSource/GPL.

Apparently you missed Mandrake asking it's users to only obtain their products in the manners they provide (i.e. not using p2p to download powerpacks). Obviously if they wanted you to get these products for free, then they would put them on the ftp mirrors...

I was simply posting that as a notice, since in the past we've had people post links to PowerPack downloads/etc. which we had to then remove.

Apparently you missed Mandrake asking it's users to only obtain their products in the manners they provide

yep, missed that.

cool....I also seem to have missed the mention of, or link to, Powerpacks for download as well.