I THINK I KILLED KDE 3.2

Sherpa

I'm not sure what you mean, but they're above in this thread somewhere.

urpmi name_of_pkg (will install)

urpme name_of_pkg (will uninstall)

urpmf name_of_pkg/file (will list pkg with that name/file in your sources and doesn't look as to whether or not it is installed. It's a 'rpm find within your sources' function)

urpmi.update -a (will update your sources)

urpmi --auto --auto-select (will update all installed pkgs.....be careful with this one, as kernels and bootloaders among other things will be installed) Personally, I put;

kernel

lilo

grub

in /etc/urpmi/skip.list to avoid these from automatically installed and do it myself, if I want to.

again, SEE:

remember the --help and man for

rpm

urpmi

urpme

urpmf

urpmq

example: man urpmi

or

urpmi --help

Glad you're rolling again!

Oh, the Software Installer (rpmdrake) is just a gui to these urpmi commands, but as usual the commandline gives you a lot more options. ;)

Edited by bvc

wo0o0oa now that i look everything is in the metric system, did i forget to install some package????

if you're still having the metric problem, go to KCC (Kontrol Center, IE: configure your desktop)->accessibility->country, region & language. check under the various tabs & make sure things are set approriately for your country/region, etc. click apply. you may have to restart KDE for the changed settings to take effect.

Chris

ya i went and change to use the imperial system instead of the metric, now im having slow startup, and it has crashed a couple of times; the login screen would not come up in the GUI when it was supposed to , but the mouse still worked and i could do ctrl alt F1 and work in the text system, i left it crashed like that overnight and when i woke up it was in KDE so now i am updating everything...... hopefully that will fix it, there are a ton of updated that are supposed to fix a bunch of bugs for KDEBASE and other things, but right now i have not turned off my computer to see if any thing bad has happened by me updating things, hopefully not though.