Police in your computer ?

Technonoid

you can't stop it...it's coming, like it or not.

:D

Actually, I think thats the point bvc.

Travel is getting quicker/easier/cheaper and communications better.

China cut itself off for 300 years (more or less) but you have to question if thats even possible today. China seems to have changed its mind...

Then you gotta think, even if you could, do you want to.

In the end the only way we as humans will survive is through cooperation and coming together. This will be as much about business practice and commerical law as anything.

Even yesterday I read an advert in a paper for anglo-saxon (the French term for US+UK) accounting training. The French have stook to their system now for a long time (its not a case of one being better or worse) but they seem to be recognising that internaitonal business involves international practices.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading these post and thinking about why they think it must be done.

Humans are the problem. Humans are so different from one to the next, that a lot of times its hard for us to get along. Crimes, this is one of the major dividing factors between humans. You have those that commit crimes, and those who don't. Those that do can't be following through with the consequences of his/her actions. They don't realize that what they do affects everyone thats alive, including them. (But then again, that could be the very reason why some do it. :angry: )

When certain types of crimes are wide spread, countermeasures are put into place that everyone has to pay for. It could be through taxes, inconveniences, higher costs, ect..

One of the inconveniences is what this topic is about. Others are longer lines at airports, the inability to copy media, increases in insurance cost, ect...

I'm afraid that criminals will always be around, no matter what countermeasures are used, they will find a way to commit crimes. And we will all have to pay..... :(

Tech

Well I did it........ this motion made me irate enough to call local and state newspapers to run a story.

Living in Louisiana I feel even more pissed that one of our senators is even contemplating this. I got a hold of an individual in the Senate Press room and he is investigating it. He said he's going to run the bill in his weekly column next monday and put both sides of the issue in it.

I bashed the bill with capitalism and use of altenative goods to drive the market. I didn't feel the need to mention right to privacy because it's been done.

I told him "And I won't even get into the right to privacy issue because I'm sure you've already heard all about that."

He asked me about what Linux was and I told him about the open source community.

CONTACT YOUR LOCAL SENATOR OR REPRESENATIVE AND LET"S SEE SOME ACTION FROM THE OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY.

I really don't think this is going to pass but unless we voice our opposition, there is a possiblity that the yes men in Congress could get overshadowed with the Copyright violation crap and pass this thing into law in the process.