Final Fantasy___Linux?

I don't think there is a native version of final fantasy. It also does not (yet) seem to work fine with WineX:

http://www.transgaming.com/dogamesearch.ph...&order=working)

Perhaps you could play it by using a PS2-emulator for Linux, e.g.

http://www.pcsx2.net/

and a Rom image. However, for that to be legal, you have to own an original disk of final fantasy for the PS2.

You seem very interested in games.

Unfortunately, availability of Games on Linux still holds a lot of room for improvement. I would suggest you check out WineX if you want to play (some) windows games and SDL if you would like to program them. As for me, whenever I see a game I find interesting and consider buying, I first contact the developer to ask if there is a Linux version, or does it work under WineX.

Darkelve

Edited by Darkelve

So far, the only way to play Final Fantasy in linux is to use emulators such as ZSNES (for snes) or epsxe (for playstation). For snes, you need to find the rom of the game (don't ask me where though) and for playstation, you need to buy the playstation disk and play it using the emulator.

For snes, you need to find the rom of the game (don't ask me where though) and for playstation, you need to buy the playstation disk and play it using the emulator.

Thanks, DragonMage, I wrongly assumed PS2 worked the same as Nes (with Roms). So it is with the disks huh. Well, nothing wrong with playing something you own, even if it is on a machine it was not intended to play.