Cool 3d Desktop Changer

DragonMage

Ok, normally I don't plug programs.. but this program is just too cool for words. Check here

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?n...order=0&thold=0

It's a 3d desktop changer. There is an rpm version of that program in texstar's place. I downloaded, installed it and tried it.. and it's TOO COOL!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Now, if only I can put a keybinding in kde3 to activate that program.. Anyone can tell me how?

what? there is no /etc/3ddesktop.conf in my case.. I just install the rpm.. run the program (it even have is located in the kde menu and everything) and voila.. it runs.. (well it crashed the first time, but the second time it runs very well(.

Well.. it seems stable enough.. And taking the shots doesn't seem to take too long. Yeah, there is a bit of a problem in updating the shots (I closed a program from another desktop and the preliminary screenshot of that desktop is not updated) but since renewing the screenshots just take 1 second, it's not a problem for me.. Then again.. I only use two virtual desktops, so it may vary if you have more than 4.

ouigui program!! But it seg-faults everytime I restart. It always eventually works, but only after crashing the first time. Any suggestions for a fix?

Guest Kamikaze_Gerbil
ok so it looks pretty cool ... but I'm only getting one desktop

I have done --kde and edited /etc/3ddesktop.conf  but still nothing  :cry:  

mdk 9.0 with 32mb GF2

is there a trick :?:

Had the same problem. I created a link in ~/.kde/Autostart that executes "3ddeskd --gnome2 --acquire". (even though I use kde)

Works great. Just need to find a way to do a keybinding for 3ddesk and I'm all set.

I have done --kde and edited /etc/3ddesktop.conf  but still nothing  :cry: 

mdk 9.0 with 32mb GF2

Had the same problem. I created a link in ~/.kde/Autostart that executes "3ddeskd --gnome2 --acquire". (even though I use kde)

Works great. Just need to find a way to do a keybinding for 3ddesk and I'm all set.

One word: xbindkeys.

Works great.

Guest Kamikaze_Gerbil

I have done --kde and edited /etc/3ddesktop.conf  but still nothing  :cry: 

mdk 9.0 with 32mb GF2

One word: xbindkeys.

Works great.

Thanks. Excellent program. Just what i was looking for! :D

http://members.shaw.ca/rdempsey/really%20c...d%20desktop.jpg