Mandrake 10.0 Community

Neorion

Seeing how it all depends on where your at and how everything is routed anyway... and also, peeps don't like to publicise there "fav" servers and /. them to death, here's what i would do. Make a list of possible candidates and just start the download. After a few seconds you will know if its moving fast enough or not. IF not, just kill it and move on to the next one. :cheesy:

BTW: a cool feature with bittorrent is that you CAN NOT get a bad download. It will verify the download as it progresses.

torrents are like that, jdion81. they depend on other people sharing, and the speed of their internet connection. if you let it run, however, your speeds will eventually increase (usually when you're not looking, it seems lol - or atleast for me that's what happened :) )

I had problems with BitTorrent being very slow, but after following some tips on the MDK Club website its gone freom 3K to 50K.

Open ports 6881-6999 on your firewall and forward them to the computer where bittorrent is running.

The forwarding bit only really applies if, like me, you sitting behind a router. If you prefer a FTP site my advice is to find one in the same country as yourself they tend to be a bit better.