Distro that'll fit on a 210mb pocket CD-R

Anyone know of a distro or live-cd that uses most of the 210mb of a Pocket CD-R? Or is greater than 100mb but less than 210mb?

I have the really small ones like damn small. I really like the the small CDs cause they spin up to speed faster than the bigger CDs.

Thanks

Tech

There is a distro designed exactly for that purpose, it is called the BBS (Bootable Business Card).

I have used it alot and it's pretty darn good.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to look up the URL, but if you check the distro list at linux.org you should find it there.

Anyone know of a distro or live-cd that uses most of the 210mb of a Pocket CD-R? Or is greater than 100mb but less than 210mb?

I have the really small ones like damn small.  I really like the the small CDs cause they spin up to speed faster than the bigger CDs.

Thanks

Tech

Offtopic

210mb? i thought bizcard recordables and the likes only go up to 50mb? does anybody have a picture/link? these i gotta see as i dont think we have this here in the philippines (or im just out of circulation for too long... :( ).

ciao!

Edited by ramfree17

I have the really small ones like damn small.  I really like the the small CDs cause they spin up to speed faster than the bigger CDs.

Thanks

Tech

Offtopic

210mb? i thought bizcard recordables and the likes only go up to 50mb? does anybody have a picture/link? these i gotta see as i dont think we have this here in the philippines (or im just out of circulation for too long... :( ).

ciao!

He was probably referring to mini cds (small and round) as opposed to bizcard cds (small and kinda rectangular).

Here you have a 182.2MB mandrake made to fit into one of those 8cm 185 or 210Mb CDRs:

http://minicd.berlios.de/

I remember a spanish site where it had several miniCDs-distros, I believe it had knoppix lites made for use KDE or Gnome.I have one of those (a miniCD with knoppix-lite and Gnome) but it was an early version from this early summer and is not too practical. As I don't have ADSL now, I've ended by using 640Mb Knoppixs that come with Linux Magazines as my cool_pocket_cd_for_impressing_friends instead of getting the last versions of the miniCDs distros (which are by far damn cooler), so I still have 4 virgin mini cds of a pack of five I bought last year... well, I'm talking too much... I cant seem to find that link, but if you want to search here is its main site:

http://metadistros.hispalinux.es

Edited by aru

mini dvd-r's are quite cheap also in this place. DVD-burners price is getting lower by the moment.. you can get a good sony DVD-burners for about 200 dollars.. About the same price as my first CDRW (a plextor 8x4x32) which I bought in 1998 really.

The problem is finding the DVD-burner that support all those convoluted DVD-R/RW/+RW/whatever formats.

Thanks aru, downloading now... Looks good and fills the mini cd-r just right.. I hope..

Yeah, I'd love to have a DVD burner and mini-DVDs. 1.9g wow, that'll just about hold the 3 CDs.

I really like the smaller disc. Don't remeber if I said it or not. But, they run quiter, spin up faster, and will fit in your shirt pocket.. I wish they made mini CD-RWs. and or mini-DVD-RWs..

Tech

Thanks aru, downloading now... Looks good and fills the mini cd-r just right.. I hope..

Yeah, I'd love to have a DVD burner and mini-DVDs. 1.9g wow, that'll just about hold the 3 CDs.

I really like the smaller disc. Don't remeber if I said it or not. But, they run quiter, spin up faster, and will fit in your shirt pocket..  I wish they made mini CD-RWs. and or mini-DVD-RWs..

Tech

They do make mini CD-RWs... I bought a pack of ten around two years ago. They are super handy... and made by.... smart media I think, it was an American manufacturer (the one with those funny bugs on the cds).

Dysan also make CD-RW mini-cds...