Alarm program for Linux?

crock

Anyone know of a GOOD Alarm program for Linux? I need it to be able to play a music file (mp3) at any given time. I tried the XMMS alarm plugin, but the time is completely messed up. (I schedule it to go off at 12:34am and it goes off at 2:40pm) I tried RPMS of Khrono and can't find the executable (not in /usr/bin or /bin) as well as Cloxen (RPM and source tarball, which are both a miserable failure)

I tried checking out http://www.kde-apps.org and nothing there will work. I also tried sourceforge and googling for one.

Anyone have any ideas?

It is beyond me that Kalarm in KDE isn't registered with KNotify. Applications that register events with Knotify show up in KDE's Control Center -> Look'n'Feel -> System Notifications. Then, upon certain notifications from these program, you can select to hear a sound, have a pop-up, or run a program or script.

Well Kalarm seem to only be able to show up its own pop-up and possibly sound, but nothing more. This is weird.

kalarm works for me. You can run kalarmd that will allow you to completely exit kalarm after you set up the alarm. With the CD in the drive, this is how my alarm looks:

xmms "/mnt/cdrom/Track 7.cda"

for the execute. I set the time I want it to go off then set the recurrence to one day. I suppose you can set up and save an xmms playlist to be whatever you want and then load the playlist using the xmms command.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm not sure what direction I'll take on this yet, but if I find anything interesting, I'll let you guys know.

After much crashing of my machine...literally...crashing...a huge candle came crashing down on my tower after it slipped out of my hand, rendering my machine useless. (On bootup I got 01 01 01 01 01 01...) So I reinstalled, and just now configured xmms-alarm.

The thing works PERFECTLY now. I'm not sure what I did wrong before, but its workin fine now.

Thanks again!