nVidia or ATI?

bvc

Overall....which would you buy, nVidia or ATI?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Overall....which would you buy, nVidia or ATI?

• nVidia
    • ATI

I don't understand how you can make that statement - my card does fantastic 3D in both Linux and windows...

I believe that, generally, ATI offers better vlaue for money - more power for your cash. Certainly that's true in windows. I have no idea in Linux sinceI've never tried Nvidia, but my ATI card give amazing power in Linux and it's cheaper than the equivalent Nvidia...

Also, I see more posts on forums for people having Nvidia problems in Linux than I do for ATI. THis could just be due to more people owning Nvidia - but it still seems interesting...

Even though I voted nvidia, my "limited too" research says ATI if your going to go win only.

Better value for money, except at the low end. 9600XT's blow anything at the same price levels from Nv. And the current king is 9800XT if you have too many $'s in the bank.

But if your friend is thinking of checking out the dark side at some stage, because He's seen your kewl LEENIX system, then he may have to go out and get a nvidia at some stage :P

ATI=value for money (windows only)

NVIDIA=less hair pulling @ latenight-how-am-I-going-to-get-this-linux-box-outa-VGA-only sessions

:jester:

cheers.