MYSQL UPGRADE. Board Down time

Guest anon

Were going to upgrade mysql (thats the database) on Saturday around 8am GMT

This should fix some errors were having.

Board will be offline for a short period of time. Sorry for any inconvience this may cause.

Also feel sorry for me who has to do it, and Paul who will be monitoring for any PHP problems that may occur,....... instead of going for a beer :P

Also feel sorry for me who has to do it, and Paul who will be monitoring for any PHP problems that may occur,....... instead of going for a beer :P

I'm sure you'll make up for the lost beer drinking time! :P

So better have a beer before the upgrade. So you'll be more concentrate and relax. By the way, why not having a beer during the upgrade ? it's more fun.

Then, when it's finish and the job done and well done as usual, you can still have a beer to celebrate the new PHP. :blink:

roland

as you may have gathered, we are experience scalabilty problems with MySQL.

as the popularity of this site grows, so do our technical requirements

The problem has been identified, and we are progressing to a point where this site will be able to expand for a good length of time.

Apologies from the Staff/Volunteers at Mandrakeusers.org

Paul.

HEY ! DragonMage,

<SLAP> The upgrade planned for Saturday had to be done today (Tuesday) due to unforeseen circumstances. </SLAP>

Please see the third post above this one. :P

Another problem quickly fixed by our awsome admins. :headbang:

Now we return you to your normal beer guzzling schedules.

Thanks for the prompt upgrade - it seems to have solved the problem, and speeded things up. :thumbs:

Unfortunately, a feature that had gone away seems to be back: after being logged in for a few hours, and having read most of the new posts, the new post indicators have been reset for all the threads I've read.

I can live with this if necessary of course, but is there a patch you can apply? :unsure: