Mandrake loves Microsoft

xoox

Hi

When I first started OO.org on Mandrake 9.2 (I updated to 1.1 final from Cooker) I noticed that the file format presets were set to M$-Office formats (doc, xls, ppt). I set them back to OO.org native formats because I don't want to lock my data in proprietary file formats. But next time I started OO.org, the format presets were set to the M$ ones again!

Is there a way to get rid of these presets and switch back to OO.org format presets permanently?

Thanks for any help

Chris

Hi

When I first started OO.org on Mandrake 9.2 (I updated to 1.1 final from Cooker) I noticed that the file format presets were set to M$-Office formats (doc, xls, ppt). I set them back to OO.org native formats because I don't want to lock my data in proprietary file formats. But next time I started OO.org, the format presets were set to the M$ ones again!

Is there a way to get rid of these presets and switch back to OO.org format presets permanently?

Thanks for any help

Chris

I take it that you have set the defaults in the Options?

If not then try this:

1. Start OpenOffice

2. Go to Tools menu and select Options

3. In the list on the left hand side of the dialogue box click on Load / Save then click on General.

4. In the options on the right hand side, down near the bottom, is the standard file format selector.

5. Select each doc type in turn and then change the 'Always save as' option to read the OpenOffice.org format.

6. Click 'OK'

The only thing I can think of is that you selected the MSOffice options during the installation procedure.

If you have any further problems can I suggest that you send them to the OpenOffice mailing list at http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html. That way you are more likely to get a quick response from one of thousands of contributors and also developers.

Let me know if this has helped.

Finally I got rid of M$-defaults.

In /etc/openoffice/openoffice.conf

I changed

DOC_DEFAULTS="MS"

to

DOC_DEFAULTS="NATIVE"

It also should be possible to adjust these values in ~/.openofficerc for each user separately.

This makes the file format defaults to change to the OO.org native formats. Is this a Mandrake-specific thing? I've never heard of it before...

Anyway, now all format defaults are back to OO.org native formats except for Writer. The default value was HTML there. I adjusted it manually to sxw and hope that i'll stay like that...