Not quite on the 'high street'

clevedonal

I was nosing around "E-Buyer" (www.ebuyer.co.uk) - a web based computer store (very good prices/choices for the UK market anyway), and i came across a ready built system with MDK9.1 pre-installed. This is the first time i have encountered a 'major' retailer doing this, in the UK at least...

I just thought i'd let everyone know!

(And NO - i do not work for them, but i do buy on a regular basis from them)

al

Which is true?

AMD Athlon XP2200 CPU

or

The new Esys E-PC Computer system with a XP 2.2GHz Processor

The XP2200 is *not* 2.2GHz

Yep, but we are back to the mass market here.

Technically not true BUT then stating the true clock speed is misleading too.

Rather caught between a rock and a hard place.... so to speak.

Preloaded Mandrake to me means noobies.... nothing wrong with that but AMD has always had positioning problems. I see many intel freaks bashing Apple for instance over the 'pathetic' clock speeds of the G4/G5.....

I dunno how to put this if i was selling.... on the one hand you have people being misled into paying more for a Intel chip that underperforms compared to a AMD chip with the same clock speed and on the other hand misleading advertising. intel is not against using clock speed in its advertisments so AMD has to respond or AMD becomes the chipset of geeks and not mass market which (rather selfishly) means me and you don't get the great deals becuase they can't compete on price without volume.

How would you sell it? Sounds like a nice basic system that someone wanting office/internet/SOHO stuff (poss excluding games) would get a great deal on....

Seperate post for seperate topic!

Completely nothing to do with the SPEC but ebuyer don't want to do business with me. They want a UK creditcard (which i have) registered at a UK address (which i dont have)

They also want a UK phone number (and won't accept my daytime phone number)

They have no email contact but provide online enotes which i need a credit card (registered and addressed in the UK to use)....

What a pathetic bunch of cretins.....

They provide no way to contact them or to say, hey but my english credit card is registered to my French address. Many people commute daily between the UK and France, what are they trying to tell me.... siomple they don't want my business.

Seperate post for seperate topic!

Completely nothing to do with the SPEC but ebuyer don't want to do business with me.  They want a UK creditcard (which i have) registered at a UK address (which i dont have)

They also want a UK phone number (and won't accept my daytime phone number) 

They have no email contact but provide online enotes which i need a credit card (registered and addressed in the UK to use)....

What a pathetic bunch of cretins.....

They provide no way to contact them or to say, hey but my english credit card is registered to my French address.  Many people commute daily between the UK and France, what are they trying to tell me.... siomple they don't want my business.

Gowator

i copied this info from e-buyer site:

eNotes allows you to raise querys and track their progress.

They are the preferred method of contacting ebuyer.

Click here to send an eNote »

Click here to find out more about eNotes »

Phone 0870 467 0753 (Customer Support)

Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm

We do not accept telephone orders.

This number is used to provide customer support only.

i can only say that i have bought a few things from e-buyer (though i am sure my financial circumstances are different to yours) and i have found them to be helpful and communicative - i have recommended, and will continue to recommend them to UK based folks - obviously based on my personal dealings with them. I wish you success in future endeavours...