PCLinuxOS live CD (Texstar)

• 2 weeks later...
  Texstar's PCLinuxOS has now entered its 4th preview stage: "I was going to wait until the mirrors synced up to post anything about it but the cat is out of the bag. Preview 4 ISO has been posted and should start appearing as soon as the mirrors sync up which should take a day or so. A lot of things need to be tested in this release." See the rest of the forum post for more details. PCLinuxOS is a community based non-profit distribution initially based on Mandrake Linux. Just think of it as Mandrake Linux enhanced by Texstar on a single bootable live CD with 1.5GB of desktop applications and the ability to install right to your hard drive with everything ready to work out of the box. NVIDIA drivers, Flash, Java, urpmi setup, and of course all the cool application updates by Texstar. Download: pclinuxos-1130.iso (648MB).

That was taken from distrowatch.com today.

Texstar says he ran OO with 128MB RAM, but it was real slow!

I tried that with Knoppix on a -I think- 128MB Ram laptop WITHOUT a swap file...

NOT RECOMMENDED!

sat there forever... then I just switched into a text console and killed the darn thing. Gotta love Linux...