Fuji Finepic 401 Digital Camera

Daveleh

I feel a right divvy :oops:

I have been trying to get my digital camera, a Fuji Finepix 401, to work for ages with no luck and resorted to buying a separate smartmedia card reader in order to download the pictures.

However yesterday I was mooching around at home and came across the box it came in. When I picked it up something inside rattled. Investigation revealed a second USB cable. This cable, rather than connecting the docking cradle, connects to the small USB socket on the side of the camera.

So I plugged the cable in to the computer then into the camera and then turned the camera on and bingo up came the icon for /mnt/removable. :?

So, if anyone out there is looking at buying this camera, although it has been superceded by now no doubt, they can take heart that it will work with 9.1 but without the cradle which is no big deal.

I have a fuji finepix a210 which works straight away in mandrake.

Nice camera for the price (free) :)

Great not having to install a lot of junk software with drivers, like i used to in windows.