New twist on old evolution question (default browser)

Steve Scrimpshire

I've searched here and googled and nothing helps me. I like the look and interface of Evolution better than Sylpheed, but I have one big problem. It uses Galeon as the default browser (I'm using IceWM and there is no default browser for IceWM that I can find). I know I can change the link that /usr/bin/galeon points to to point it to /usr/local/netscape/netscape, but that really doesn't help me. I would like to be able to open the url inside and email into a new tab in an already existing Netscape window (the active one) and by changing the /usr/bin/galeon link, all that did for me was now Evolution tries to open the link in a new netscape window and if I already have netscape open, it won't let me open a new window, because my profile is already in use. I hope this makes sense. TIA.

I didn't see anything under evolution in gconf-editor that would change anything, but with a slightly edited version of what Sunsela suggested, I got it to work, thanks.

Here's the edited version (I'm using Netscape 7):

Created this script as /usr/bin/netscape.sh:

/usr/local/netscape/netscape -remote "openURL($1, new-tab)" || /usr/local/netscape/netscape $1

There's a space between /usr/local/netscape/netscape and -remote and also, there's no = sign and there are no quotes around $1. Then I went to gnome-control-center and went to Advanced and made the Custom browser

/usr/bin/netscape.sh "%s"

taDA. It works. Thanks.