napster for linux?

lil gorsebush penguin

hello everyone!

i just joined this forum and have only been using linux for a couple weeks... having just connected my computer to the internet i was wondering if there was any kind of napster / kazaa program that runs on linux? i basically just want to download mp3s and avi files...

any anyone help?

You have several options, there are numerous gnutella clients for Linux, mldonkey and some people run Kazaa (using Wine). There are also Napster clients floating around but how useful they are now is debatable.

Running Kazaa/Kazaa Lite is not easy, but there instructions on how to set it up available on the web. http://www.bartendavid.be/doc/howto/instal...a-english.shtml

Hi lil gorsebush penguin.

WELCOME to Mandrakeusers....

I don't know much about napster and stuff but you sure leanred out how to load a picture pretty quick ....

You'll find a lot of people here with lots of different experience in different areas and soon you'll be wishing you discovered penguins earlier :D

Guest cgibbons87

xmule is THE best. It's almost kazaa. If you use easy urpmi (http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/) you can install it with "urpmi xmule" (as root) (on the comand line) . I've gotten GIGS of TV episodes with it.You can also pick up [coughf]popular windows emulator[coughf] with it ;-D

It's possible to get the real kazaa to run with wine HOWEVER don't try it! I spent 6 hours before i got it to run and it was really laggy. You need to be a real wineconfig hacker to pull that off.