NVidia cards + Win4lin?

Sarissi

Does anyone know if NVidia cards work with Win4lin (ie Kernel support)??

I need to ask this, as my future Native Mandrake linux box may or may not use one of these video cards. My other option is ATI (currently ATI XPert 2000 Pro AGP - Rage 128 based), and I want to go with an 8x AGP OpenGL card.

I just don't like going through alot of headaches trying to get something to function, which is why I have avoided NVidia cards to this point.

Thank you in advance!

The reason I was asking, was the the nvidia readme, that I was reading. It said you had to have a supported kernel. So I was wondering if there were extra hoops to go through to get the stupid thing to work.

Just install Win4Lin as instructed by Netraverse, using the click-click easy GUI installer. It will download and install a Win4Lin-enabled kernel which is exactly the same as the original Mandrake kernel except for the Win4Lin add-ons.

In other words, if it worked before you install Win4Lin, it'll work afterward.

I have win4lin and had no problems installing the nvidia drivers. Do your standard mdk install, install the additional packages "kernel-source" and "binutils" after the install, then do your win4lin installation. The nvidia drivers installed and compiled without a problem when I did the above in mdk 9.1, win4lin 4.0 with my GeForce FX 5200. I also upgraded later to win4lin 5.0 with no problem; can't even recall whether I had to reinstall the nvidia drivers after the upgrade(probably) but it was no problem if I did.