Mandrake eXPerience news update

DOlson

I have posted the [possibly] last news update on my website, The Mandrake eXPerience.

Until further notice, this site will be frozen as-is. RIP, MDKXP. 27/Nov/2001 - 1/Jul/2003. (Hey, Walt Disney could do it, so can I.)

dolson .... can you email (if you don' mind sharing) the tutorials etc for mdkxp .... ?

I wouldn't mind putting them on http://loudas.com ... the have been very helpful to many people and it would be a shame toi lose them ... I have noticed the php bugs on your server, and was disappointed when I couldn't reach one of your tutorials

I just went to loudas.com and it's SLOW. Is there a section here you can put it in? If not, it's okay. I'll make up a package that anyone can take and use, but I'd prefer that the logo that I make up stay on the page. That'll be my stipulation. You must include the logo I make up.

I'll try to prepare it all tonight and I'll edit this post (or make a new one) with a link and info.

Guest anon

Apart from mandrakeusers.com I have another server, 2 GIG RAM, fast connection etc.

I store the cooker and PLF stuff on it. I could easily store it there. Let me know.

Okay, here is the archive.

http://icculus.org/~dolson/MDKXPTTRLS-2003...030702A.tar.bz2

You must read the README file... I hope it isn't too restrictive or anything. Again, you *CAN* do whatever you want, except please leave the copyrights at the bottom. And I'd really appreciate the logo to stay too.

Anyhow, do with it what you will. I will announce new releases here, if any.

Okay, this is the last time I'm trying free hosting:

http://pgshopping.com/mdkxp/

That's the new URL, so go there for a fully-functioning site.

If it ever goes down, I've had it. :)

I'm still not updating it, but the site is functional. Enjoy.

*If, in the future, the free hosting doesn't work out (and WOW! what free hosting! No ads! That's a first!) I can make you a sub-domain at my site. It would be mdkxp.fecundfarrago.com (or replace mdkxp with whatever you want). However; I can't do this until just after christmas because of current space constraints, but I'l lbe upgrading when it comes time to renew.

Your site cannot and will not go down - there's too much good stuff to help newbies and intermediates to make linux fun and worthwhile; and less scary when first migrating over from "the other guy".

Time to change your sig again! :D lol

Time to change your sig again! :D lol

? I did change it. It now has the link to the tribute pic and to the new URL.

---

I'm not reviving the site, just finding (hopefully) a permanent, functional, home.

Ideally, by-a.com was dream hosting, until it went down. I had everything I wanted - ftp, ssh, working php... icculus.org was always a temporary thing, as I was anticipating by-a.com to come back up any day now, but it never did. mdkxp.free.fr has very screwed up php (go look for yourself), probably because of how I coded my site. The new URL isn't ideal, but the link is there, the resource is there, and MDKXP can live on, just like LokiGames.com does even today.