Running Linux with Office XP

Guest anon

I've used crossove (the gcc2.96 version ... so it no longer works :-( ) ... and it does work well..... BUT

Life would still be better if we could have a office suite as easy to use as Microshaft Office, but run native in Linux ;-) ...

And don't go mentioning that java based one :-P ...

has anybody here tried hancom office?

This article is still shaded with bunk for the following reasons:

1) The only reason ZDNet/microsoftrobot would even consider writing this article is because Suse must be purchased. They will never acknowledge an os that one can aquire legally for free as anything viable.

2) The intro paragraph is strictly written from the perspective of a user who not only uses windex exclusively, but has become hypnotised by the microsoft pr campaign. I am a gui junkie, and every linux I have used got turned into a dummy-can-use-it desktop by me.

3) Codeweaver's cross-over office is not free. Again, ZDNet will never acknowledge any software that can be obtained free legally.

Because :roll:

They have already said that "free" is an assult on the integrity of the entire internet! Only brainless idiots write dangerous free software! Free software is only used by virus writers! blah blah blah blah........

Too much propaganda for my tastes. :evil:

I am a gui junkie, and every linux I have used got turned into a dummy-can-use-it desktop by me.

Too much propaganda for my tastes. :evil:

Me too!

They didn't mention anything abut OpenOffice(ok it's nearly the same as star) or Koffice. And there are a lot of good individual applications like Abiword. Like you said, not acknowledged because they are free.

However not all the writers ther are mindless microsoft drones, i have seen good articles. Though most seem to be drones

James

I've used crossove (the gcc2.96 version ... so it no longer works :-( ) ... and it does work well..... BUT  

Life would still be better if we could have a office suite as easy to use as Microshaft Office, but run native in Linux ;-) ...

And don't go mentioning that java based one :-P ...

has anybody here tried hancom office?

I've used the Hancom apps on my Zaurus. Quite nice. Hard to tell how they would be on my Desktop, but I'd imagine they're fine.

Me, I use Siag Office, it does everything I need, when I need to use it (not very often, actually). What it doesn't do, I can accomplish with other applications.