Old skool games?

Guest GhostDX

Guest GhostDX

Does anyone here play old school games on Linux? As in, old arcade games...not tetris, but Samurai Showdown, or Mortal Kombat, or old NES, Atari, Sega games?

Ah... Old Skool.. Back when games were games without all the hypes, movies, blood and gore, etc.

Sorry.. was nostalgic there.. Anyway.. For old school stuffs, the only way to play them nowadays is through emulators, such as mame, zsnes, etc.

Dangit.. you make me want to download mame so that I can play Quartet again :)

TuxNes, ZSNES, SNES9x, and I think Xmess all emulate some older consoles, and then there's VirtualBoy Advance, GNUBoy I think, and ePSXe...

There's a lot. Just look for Linux Emulator NES SNES or whatever you want on Google and you should find lots of stuff.

Anyone know if there's an emulator so I can pop PS2 games into my dvd drive and play 'em? If sony had half a mind they'd make software that does that and charge the same as a ps2 console for it - allow it to connect to the same online network, etc..

So?

Or even one like that for PS1 games? (bleem but for linux?) I don't want to have to download the ROM of the game - I want to buy the games (or burn 'em)

• 3 weeks later...