PCSX v1.5 released!

The open source Playstation emulatior, PCSX, has released version 1.5.

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php...?threadid=36210

PCSX now depends on GTK-2.0+ to run.

Also PCSX has internal BIOS emulation, which means you don't have to download or use the PSX BIOS (it's illegal if you don't have a PSX console, that is). Internal BIOS' compatibility has improved a lot since v1.4.

You will also need to download plugins and put them into the Plugin directory to run the PSX emulator.

For information on getting Linux plugins you can see the latest post from the linked page above.

Funny this comes from someone who's calling 'Mods are evil' and hopelessly bound to his rebellious passion as much as he had. :wink:

Back to the topic (don't hijack it again :twisted: ):

There are some problems with GTK 1.x plugin compatibility with GTK-2.0+ based PCSX v1.5, you can read the thread here:

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php...&threadid=36310

Dragon Mage, your problem might be related to the issue on libpthread-0.9.so w/ Pete MesaGL plugin, you can check out the readme.txt from Pete MesaGL plugin for further detail, as someone else suggested similar problem in this thread:

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php...&threadid=35158

Ok.. I finally tried pcsx 1.5. I still couldn't get it to run (at least in term of putting the cd.. run pcsx and get it run from the cd). The cd spin and stop and that's it.. The bios run is ok though.. so I guess it's the cd plugin that doesn't work.

However, it leads to a huge disaster. I used a workaround to make pete GPU starts (making a symlink of libpthread thingie) and it creates an error with librt.so.1. The problem is so bad that I cannot run mozilla and pan (both creates segmentation fault). When I reboot, everything in my linux is so screwed up.. it doesn't even detect my hard drives with the error is prominent even during booting. I have to restore from my old cd backup to make it run as before.. Oh well.. I guess psx emulation is still for windows for me..

Back when it was still working, yes.. you can do that.. Just put the cd in the cdrom, run the program, then select run cd.. and you're off.. And since your cd is pretty much a lot faster than playstation 2x cd, there will be little to no wait times. :)

I suppose compiling for GTK-1.2+ build will solve a lot of problems.

Dragon Mage: About that symlink trick, use it ONLY for temporary, because it is known to break other programs. Perhaps I should have mentioned that (I thought Pete readme.txt does, if not, sorry about that :oops: .)