C Compiler question.

ncb

Ide as far as i know

It would have features like code auto complete i would think(doesn't vi do this to a certain extent?).

There's certainly no reason that you couldn't write just as good apps using a text editor and compiling at the comand line.

Only reason is increase in productivity through templates, tree views of all your source files etc blah blah like every other ide.

Oh dear rambling again :)

Kylix (which supports Delphi and C++ Builder) is for RAD. This means, it's sorta like Visual Basic is, but using BETTER languages, and a better IDE, IMHO.

Not to mention cross-platform compatability.

Anyhow, I like them, but I haven't used C++ Builder at all yet.

For SDL, I am using nedit (happy, ramfree17?) as my IDE, as it does all I need it to do.

also a debugger. that way, when your code goes to compile and an error pops up, kylix will tell you where the error is, so you don't have to sift through a thousand lines of code looking for the one damn semi colon you left out. (as i would have been doing had i not had kylix last night. nothing like waiting til the last possible minute to do an assignment I had a week to do.)