Can't get CUPS installed

ShipLap920

Hi. Am a real newbie. Got the distro finally installed but can't get or know how to get the CUPS installed on system to get my printer,HP952 and scanner HP4400C installed. Spent $ 100.00 on this and am verry dissapointed so far.Have a 3 month support program with purchase but trying to get anything back as help is a bad joke. HELP and tnx fr any will be greatly appreciated.

PS; Have tried to read a lot of posts but to no avail.

Open your Mandriva Control Centre (Do Alt + F2 then type mcc), go to Hardware, select Printer then follow the wizard. Repeat the process for your scanner. Whatever is needed will be installed for you.

Edited by {BBI}Nexus{BBI}

I can get to the area you sent me but the problem has been that when I tell it to install printer i get an msg, saying " insert 2008 installer on drive cdrom2. I have the install dvd in the same drive the OP was installed from but it keeps kicking me back to " insert etc.

That does seem to be a problem one which I suffered with myself. Follow Willie's suggestion and you should be able to install cups and much more besides.

Edited by SilverSurfer60

ShipLap920 aka Ole' Salty, do you have a working internet connection yet?

Sorry to be so late in coming back. I have the internet up , E-Mail up,Printer also but can't seem to get the damm scanner running. HP4400C. Buy the way ,I really appreciate all the comeback. I'll get this yet.