Is there a software for....?

Mandriva-user

It just came in my brain the Q. is.

Is there a software that can send automatic some where else,how to you say foul them.

Is there a good software out ther? :wink:

I`m talking about the crackers here.

I hope not, although I dimly recall that there are one or two. But wouldn't that make you just as bad as them? In any case responding to probes/scans attempts just confirms your existance doesn't it, which would defeat the purpose of a firewall etc.

If I understand you correctly. It's late in the day and I've had more then my fair share of winny users so I'm not running at full speed. :lol:

Ronin

But wouldn't that make you just as bad as them?

No

Because I like them to look some where else,not to an innoncence man like me. :D :D :D :D

Ronin

But wouldn't that make you just as bad as them?  

No

Because I like them to look some where else,not to an innoncence man like me. :D  :D  :D  :D

Then all you need to do is run a properly secured system and a good firewall etc.

All you'll be doing by responding is running the risk of ticking them off and the probe can turn into a concentrated attack causing damage etc..

What you want to do is stealth all your ports (make it so that they do not send out replies to requests).  That way, no one will even know you are there.

Glitz.

Yep, and the extra "addon" Mandrake-user is looking for would not only defeat the purpose of a firewall but just incite the probe to a more serious level.

Plus, if you could get it to work properly, where would you send them - to someone elses IP? This not only makes the scan probe harder, but it makes you just as bad as the hackers because you are now, in effect, scanning someone else's computer. Or at the least, opening someone else's computer to be scanned and hacked.

A properly configured firewall and a secure system is the way to go. If nothing exists for the hackers, they will leave and go away. And your system will be safe.

Plus, if you could get it to work properly, where would you send them - to someone elses IP? This not only makes the scan probe harder, but it makes you just as bad as the hackers because you are now, in effect, scanning someone else's computer. Or at the least, opening someone else's computer to be scanned and hacked.

A properly configured firewall and a secure system is the way to go. If nothing exists for the hackers, they will leave and go away. And your system will be safe.

hack/hacker/hacked should be crack/cracker/cracked.

Glitz wrote:

What you want to do is stealth all your ports (make it so that they do not send out replies to requests). That way, no one will even know you are there.

Glitz.

fuzzylizard wrote:

Or at the least, opening someone else's computer to be scanned and hacked.

I`m not that guy to snopping around private stuff,I`m a nice guy not a bad guy I know Iknow

Yaaaah that what I`m looking for. :wink: :D :D :) :lol:

Mandrake-user

Glitz wrote:

What you want to do is stealth all your ports (make it so that they do not send out replies to requests). That way, no one will even know you are there.

Glitz.

fuzzylizard wrote:

Or at the least, opening someone else's computer to be scanned and hacked.

I`m not that guy to snopping around private stuff,I`m a nice guy not a bad guy I know Iknow

Yaaaah that what I`m looking for. :wink:  :D  :D  :)  :lol:  

Mandrake-user

Ok now I'm confused (not that hard to do I know) Do you mean you're looking to be as bad as the cracker/hacker? Or do you mean you're looking to make your system very secure?

hack/hacker/hacked should be crack/cracker/cracked.

Yes, I agree, we should start using proper terminology around here.

Glitz.

Thank you :D

Note to everyone. Hacker/Cracker makes very little sense. That would be like saying, "Hi, my name is frew, and I can/can't read!" haha. :wink: