MottS

Hi

I have no idea where that post is suppose to go ..

I sometimes look at this forum from my job. We use IE to surf the web here. I have noticed that my uptime shows as a black strip below my avatar in IE. However, when I look at it from home (Konqueror - Linux or Safari - Mac), everything is fine .. no black strip below my avatar and I see my uptime without any problem.

So my question is : How come I don't see my uptime in Windows and I see that black strip instead? Does IE support PNG images? .. because I convert my uptime to a PNG image.

Any idea?

MOttS

Well, I was expecting more 'quality' from M$ since we pay for it but that doesn't seems to be so :cry:

Any way to solve it? .. other ther than asking to switch to Linux :lol:

MOttS

actually, i never see the avatars at all.  phoenix 0.5.  so it's not just crappy browsers  :lol:   (anyone know what i might have set weird?)

check your profile

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/profile.php?m...ode=editprofile you may have "view avatars" turned off

Motts this is common, and known bug with IE, it doesn't fully support png's specifically transparent png's :-(

if you really want to it to work with IE users then don't use png, use gif or jpeg

I say screw the ie users, they do not deserve to bask in the light of your glory :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah .. I could just forget about it. Actually I have that avatar (with the uptime thing) since about 6 months and it's like the second or third time I see it using IE.... haha. I was just really surprised to see that it doesn't appear at all.

I'll try to convert to a gif or jpeg instead of png. Will see what will happen.

Thanks for all your reply !! .. haha .. this is just an avatar after all.

:P

MOttS