NVIDIA drivers x86-1.0-4363

Guest Setty

Guest Setty

a little qurk on the install of the nvidia drivers on mdk 9.1 seems that they now named the kernel module "nvidia" as is the glx is to. So i had to go to su mode and added "nvidia" in /etc/modules file, then did a

"insmod nvidia". as a personal note i did not figure this out, my friend is a real good linux guro.

a little qurk on the install of the nvidia drivers on mdk 9.1 seems that they now named the kernel module "nvidia" as is the glx is to. So i had to go to su mode and added "nvidia" in  /etc/modules file, then did a

"insmod nvidia". as a personal note i did not figure this out, my friend is a real good linux guro.

Just as a further note to add, make sure you read the FAQs, READMEs, and CHANGELOGs. Generally they will tell you what changes have been implemented in the code, and what troubleshooting you can beform to get the driver work if you have problems after the installation.

When I installed, there were no special changes that I had to make. Everything is running fine. (Actually I got an improvement in RTCW!)

this release fixes the problem of dropped fps on urban terror that i had with the last version.

I rebuilt the src.rpm for the multimedia kernel for athlon-xp, i had to run the installer again, when it doesn't have a prebuilt version it rebuilds it for your architecture, so nice.

is there a way to rebuild for sure? i mean to prevent the installer from using an precompiled module. i had some trouble with the precompiled rpms, rebuilding always helped me out.