Hello folks, I have a issue I need to address

Sunnyr

Hello folks, I have not been a mandriva user for very long (though I have used linux in the past, Ubuntu, Mepis, PClinux, Linux mint, etc)

anyhow ever since I got mandriva 2008 on this computer things have worked quite well 7 out of 10 times (I have bumped into issues but most of them were easy to fix)

anyhow the other day after my computer updated I rebooted my system due to a Internet issue (not related to mandriva but my ISP) but when I logged back in I have noticed my capacity to adjust my monitor contrast and brightness is gone in the control center.

Now this is not a monitor issue, I am quite sure on that matter.

Its an older monitor but mandriva picked it up after my install was done.

But now its gone, I have tried to get back the original settings but so far no cigar.

If you need the specs here they are:

Monitor:

HP pavilion MX50 (plug and play)

Graphics card:

Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (its a 915 model according to Ubuntu and a few other distributions)

Any help is appreciated.

Huh?

what I mean is that mandriva had a few updates the other day via its updater, and I am starting to suspect there might have been something in the update process that messed things up.

Does that make it more clear?

before the other day everything worked perfectly but after mandriva updated I lost my contrast/brightness control in the kde control center...

My main suspect is xorg right now, or with HAL but I am unsure.

that is why I made this topic to see if someone has a similar issue

I just want to understand before I mess things up! B)

What video card do you have? If you are running an Nvidia, you may have to update the driver. Also if you are running the ATi proprietary driver, same thing.

Hello?

Bump

I guess shouting is not concidered polite... Or perhaps no one has yet to come up with a suggestion to your problem.

I'm out of my depth here, but if you wait patiently (and do not shout) someone might have a solution to you.

And welcome to the board. :)

well I was not shouting, just making sure people know my card as obviously Ixthusdan did not read that part...

this is a habit of mine if I want to make a point, and no I am not shouting

Probably a silly question, but are you unable to set the contrast/darkness with controls on the monitor?

It only goes so far, this is a older monitor so it doesnt have a lot of flashy settings.

This monitor is like 7 years old now, but it still works great so i see no need for a new monitor.

look my monitor gamma settings worked fine until now, I am just looking for solutions to do it via the kde control center due to this monitors limited settings.

I know this monitor works folks, like I said the monitor is not the issue

Edited by Sunnyr