Digital Camera Installation

Daveleh

I am eagerly awaiting ML9.1 in order to try to get my digital camera working under Linux. It's a Fuji Finepix 401 connected via USB. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work with ML9.0 with no luck.

My question is, when I install 9.1 which is the best option to go for:

1. Install with the camera cradle connected, the camera in place with a picture card installed and the camera switched on,

2. Install with the camera cradle connected, the camera in place with a picture card installed and the camera switched off then turn the camera on after successfully booting.

3. Install with the camera cradle connected but no camera, then connect the camera after successfully booting.

4. Install without the camera cradle connected and connect it after successfully booting.

Any thoughts?

My first choice would be 1. but when I try this with 9.0 I get loads of error messages as it is detected and the boot process freezes.

personally I'd give 1 a try, as it seems most feasible to allow Mandrake to attempt to set it up on it's own. But then again, I'm not concerned with having to re-install the system if this causes things to become FUBAR. if, then, it didn't work, and things got all FUBAR, I'd go sequentially down the list. but again, i don't mind reinstalling many, many times. i do it often enough when i break stuff and don't feel like figuring-or can't figure-out how to fix it.

I am eagerly awaiting ML9.1 in order to try to get my digital camera working under Linux. It's a Fuji Finepix 401 connected via USB. I have tried everything I can think of to get  it to work with ML9.0 with no luck.

My question is, when I install 9.1 which is the best option to go for:

1. Install with the camera cradle connected, the camera in place with a picture card installed and the camera switched on,

2. Install with the camera cradle connected, the camera in place with a picture card installed and the camera switched off then turn the camera on after successfully booting.

3. Install with the camera cradle connected but no camera, then connect the camera after successfully booting.

4. Install without the camera cradle connected and connect it after successfully booting.

Any thoughts?

My first choice would be 1. but when I try this with 9.0 I get loads of error messages as it is detected and the boot process freezes.

My Kodak DX 4900 Easyshare (Docking Station and all) USB works great under Man 9.1 with GTKam to retrieve the pictures. I will be adding a TUT to my website sortly. Just been a little busy lately@work. I jalso just installed a Logitech Quickcam Express which runs well using GnomeMeeting.