Problem with downloading Mandriva 2008 [solved]

yossarian

Hi everyone,

I downloaded Mandriva 2008 Free in the form of the three CD's from here. While the md5 check sum of CD's 2 and 3 are correct, the checksum of CD 1 I get is:

7e15581103d1737bbf6c026b2d08718d

While this in the site is:

cf131e82623c3409a8930774b8b9329b

I downloaded CD 1 twice, and got the same answer twice. Has anyone downloaded CD1 and can tell me what md5 sum he gets? Thanks!

Edited by yossarian

you might like to try downloading it via the public torrent - pointing it at the existing file - and see if it thinks it's correct, or if it changes the file. bittorrent has its own hashing mechanism built in, so it's a useful cross-check.

Oh, this is another issue I am not able to solve yet - I can't use bittorrent.

But you are saying the md5 files on the site should be correct?

Yes, the md5sum on the sight is correct. I would switch to ftp.nluug.nl/ They have good bandwidth and I have rarely had a problem getting through. And I live in the US!

THIS isn't far away from my previous link... :D

Personally I always prefer the boot.iso installation method (at least since I've got ADSL).

You see? We have a phrase in Hebrew: When you explain to me slowly, I understand quickly...

I think I'll try to install from the boot.iso as well, but I prefer to have the 3 CD's just in case something goes wrong.

EDIT: Wait! I just saw on the link that there is Gnome One version. Just the other day Adam explained that they didn't create a Gnome live CD, only KDE. What's going on?

Edited by yossarian