Any update on Neverwinter Nights Linux client?

ral

I guess the only thing any of are really concerned about is the release date. I read somewhere before that they were targetting a November 2002 release. No news on the front as far as I can tell.

• 1 month later...

Hey, so do I, basically, NWN is the only game I have in my hard drive right now. (Emulators like ZSNES, and EPSXE doesn't count). The sad thing is that NWN as a standalone game is not that game, but with tons of good user made modules out there, it has the chance to beat BG2 as the longest game in my HD :)

I'm also hanging on for some Linux portage. It's been a serious wait as well and I've had to listen to all my friends with microsnot machines carrying on about how flippin' great it is :roll: whatever.

Luckily I know there are many other Linux users out there who have had to wait as well and I'm sure that it will have been worth the wait as this will be a milestone in porting games to Linux...

That's the second (or more?) release date that Tuxgames had posted. They had 11/16 on there previously I think. Hopefully the actual release date is not far off. :)

They also have Doom 3 posted as a Linux offering for release next Spring. :) Of course we already have the new Wolfenstien. (unless that was a Wine job?) If ID/Raven starts porting to Linux on a regular basis the cat should be all but in the bag. :)

Anyway; I am looking forward to NWN. :)

TuxGames isn't guessing the dates... They're going by what they're told by BioWare... BioWare said mid-Q4, and it's past that now...

Anyhow, Doom 3, as every id Software game, will be ported.

Carmack takes way too much pride in his games to allow them to be "ported" via Wine... At least that's what I think.

And RTCW wasn't an id Software game.

hmmmm..... all ID games are ported? :D

I have Loki's Quake Arena and Heretic II.

And I own Windows versions of Heretic and Hexen II. I have been trying to get that Hexen II game port(?) that you sent me but their download site hasn't been in the mood to share. :x It's been over a week since i've tried though.... gotta get it! I am dying to play Hexen II.

So, if all ID games are ported to Linux I need to do some vestigatin! Once I get Heretic & Hexen II running i'll be off to buy Hexen. Then Doom. 8)

I don't know if ALL of their games are ported, as they maybe had some old crap that sucked, but anything since Doom and some before that has been ported, to my knowledge.

Yes, Dan Olson did the Hexen port too, so it's out there. :)