Uplink: Hacker Elite install tutorial

DOlson

They re-released this game in North America this year, and you can find it on the shelves of your local game retailer (hopefully).

I wrote this install tutorial since the game doesn't come with an installer:

http://icculus.org/~dolson/mdkxp/?c=ttrls/...s/uplinkinstall

Happy hacking!

• 1 month later...

I tried to download teh demo..but when I run the executable ./uplink, nothing happens....

I don't like to buy it on the internet, but if it comes in the stores here..I'll surely consider it..have never palyed a game like this...Luckily, they placed the linux and windows-version on the cd...

Now, why isn't this demo running?.No erros, warnings...

Luckily, they placed the linux and windows-version on the cd...

And the linux version is super easy to install. DOlson made a great tutorial (as always) for installing it in Linux. Check the first post in this thread for a link to it.

I've done everythinh mentionned..even placed the files in /usr/bin...no luck When I type it..the next line of the commandlinbe appears again, ready to accept the next command...When I double click it in the graphical userinterface it sys it can't find the executable, but in shellmode...not erros or warnings..nothing.

I've used my install instructions more than once, with no problems.

The most common problem people have with my tutorials is they don't actually follow them to the letter, but they skip certain parts or ignore other parts.

Are you *sure* you followed my tutorial? /usr/local/bin is where the executable script should go... not /usr/bin.

I haven't looked at it even:)..I just followed the instructions from teh companies website..Btw..I run all my programs from /usr/bin. I've deleted /usr/local, because I don't use it. Maybe in the future.....Anyway, why should it run from /usr/local/bin and not from /usr/bin/...???? I don't think this can eb a problem, can it?