linksys wireless - g

ncb

Does this network card work with linux? I have mandrake 10.0 installed and I have no idea how to setup a wireless network card on here. I have a partition so windows xp is on here too and it works on xp i'm just using it to pickup a free network cloud. How can I get it to work with linux ?

ok i saw a post on here where someone told somebody else to open a console, su -, enter the password, and run drakconf ... I did this and it opened up the program and I tried to add the connection or whatever as wireless but I get stuck on which driver/network to use.. there is a big list and I've tried a lot and none work.. What do I do with that how do I know which one to use?

i'm still trying to figure this out.. My harddrake or whatever it calls shows all my stuff like my ati graphics card, etc. But for the eth0 or whatever it just shows a card but doesn't say what type or whatever.. Does this mean it doesn't recognize it? Is that why I could be having problems and if so what do I do?

alternatively before you upgrade you should try:

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/?PHPS...84da5dfefb7767e

I've been using it for 2 years and it is ABSOLUTELY the best $20 ive ever spent.

you DO get ton try it free to make sure it works for you 1st though.

for ME the best part is that the license is tied to your MAC address for the card.

since i like to run 3 different distros on my laptop i get to pay $20 once and use the same driver oneverything USING linux.

ive never tried their MODEM driver, but i would imagine it probably works just as well.

J