Beyond The Red Line

Beyond The Red Line is a stand-alone total conversion for Freespace2. It is based on the popular new tv show Battlestar Galactica.

Ubuntu Gamers Arena - News Section

I must say gaming on linux is going to be hot from now on and in the future. There haven't been so many game releases to Linux as there are now.

Happy Gaming folks!

Thanks!

I have recruited more people to UGA because the gaming to linux is moving now, so I can't keep it up all by myself. Also Bill (the owner of the server, which own a server company and companion in this project) have bought 2 new servers for the purpose.

Edited by Artificial Intelligence

Freespace 2 was awesome....I'd love to see this game in action.

BTW - Battlestar Galactica isn't "new", there was a tv series (70's?) previously that the current running one was based off of.

BTW - Battlestar Galactica isn't "new", there was a tv series (70's?) previously that the current running one was based off of.

Depends on the point of view. They call this new series a remake but I saw the film and the first episode of the series and I can tell the new series is a way more different and not just with video tricks.

Anyway this looks like a game I would really like to play with. I wonder how much it will cost.

Is it free?

Absolutely. The game is made by fans for the fans, no profit is being made from any part of the project. Altough we could use some pizzas and coke to keep our mortal bodies running.

From their homepage.

Depends on the point of view. They call this new series a remake but I saw the film and the first episode of the series and I can tell the new series is a way more different and not just with video tricks.
I know, I've seen both ;) - I said it was based off of it, not a remake :P (Starbuck was a dude in the original!)

There doesn't seem to be any mouse control in-flight, or a way to set it to control by the mouse. It seems to depend on the existence of a num pad, which I don't have because of my preference for smaller keyboards...