has anyone compilied XFree src rpms to athlon for 9.1?

I have tried to do it but it seems to fail at the point where it is assembling the rpm after the compile.

Mentions something about doesn't have a "/" infront of something.

I will do it again when i go home later and post the message.

Just wondering if anyone has successfully rebuilt XFree for athlon?

I have rebuilt the nvidia drivers and all the SDL stuff for athlon with no probs.

I've done it using the flags and procedure described in my recent kernel-multimedia athlon-xp post in this forum. I haven't installed it yet, but the building went perfect (no errors), and I got all the XFree86 rpms.

When I find a little time, I'll install and post back- or if you do it first, please let us know how it went. I did do this successfully with 4.2, so I'm not expecting any problems. Just be sure when you install to go into init 3 first, and install from the command line as root- then you can reboot to x.

If you have errors, make sure you have all the development packages needed installed.

wrc1944

I had all developement packages installed.

The compile seemed to go fine it was the packaging of the rpms that seemed to be the problem.

I took a look at your other post and will try out those flags.

Thanks

Hmm.. If it doesn't work with your flags, it's unlikely it will with any extra flags I put in. Can you post the last few lines of the output containing the error in context? Maybe that will suggest what's going wrong, and perhaps someone who knows more than us can offer some advice. I take it the error occurs when it is suppose to output the lines "wrote XFree86xxxx in /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/athlon," or somewhere right before that?

wrc1944

DragonMage,

If you mean me, I'd be happy to share the rpms, however I only have 56k dialup, so I might have a problem uploading them. I might get a burner soon, so I could send a cd if nobody else has uploaded them by then.

I can report that I just installed them, and they work great on my box.

I just put only the athlon versions of the same 7 I had already installed as stock Mandrake in their own directory, went to init 3, cd to root, and used:

rpm -Uvh *.athlon.rpm ---force.

Guess I could have used -Fvh instead, and not bothered moving the other 7 athlon.rpms out of the directory.

Then just log back to user, and startx.

wrc1944

ok this is the error i get

Obsoletes: xserver-wrapper

Processing files: XFree86-glide-module-4.3-5mdk

Finding  Provides: /usr/lib/rpm/find-provides

Finding  Requires: /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires /var/tmp/XFree86-root athlon

Using BuildRoot: /var/tmp/XFree86-root to search libs

Provides: tdfx_dri.so

PreReq: rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1

Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1

Requires: XFree86-server = 4.3-5mdk libglide3.so.3 ld-linux.so.2 libc.so.6 libdl.so.2 libGL.so.1 libm.so.6 libpthread.so.0 libX11.so.6 libXext.so.6 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)

Processing files: XFree86-xfs-4.3-5mdk

Finding  Provides: /usr/lib/rpm/find-provides

Finding  Requires: /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires /var/tmp/XFree86-root athlon

Using BuildRoot: /var/tmp/XFree86-root to search libs

PreReq: shadow-utils setup rpm-helper chkfontpath /bin/sh /bin/sh /bin/sh /bin/sh rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1

Requires(interp): /bin/sh /bin/sh /bin/sh /bin/sh

Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1

Requires(pre): /bin/sh

Requires(post): /bin/sh

Requires(preun): /bin/sh

Requires(postun): /bin/sh

Requires: initscripts >= 5.27-28mdk XFree86-libs = 4.3-5mdk ld-linux.so.2 libc.so.6 libdl.so.2 libm.so.6 libX11.so.6 libXext.so.6 libXfont.so.1 libz.so.1 bash libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)

Obsoletes: xtt

Processing files: X11R6-contrib-4.3-5mdk

error: File must begin with "/": %_menudir/X11R6-contrib

PreReq: /bin/sh /bin/sh

Requires(interp): /bin/sh /bin/sh

Requires(post): /bin/sh

Requires(postun): /bin/sh

Requires: XFree86 = 4.3-5mdk

RPM build errors:

File must begin with "/": %{_menudir}/XFree86

File must begin with "/": %{_iconsdir}/*.*

File must begin with "/": %{_iconsdir}/*/*