searching for linux mail server software

fahd

Hi folk!

I am looking for linux-based mail server package(with GUI interface and good management tools to customise the system) which I want to install at my office.Can anybody point me that website.Thanks in advance.

Fahd

What distro are you using? And what are you trying to achieve with it?

I set up a mail system on Gentoo, but it's not gui based - you have to do it from the command line.

There is a mail server with Red Hat - although never tried it. You can install this when you install the Operating System, or even later if you want.

I am using mandriva linux 2007, and i would like to set up a mail server with GUI management toolsto take control over the system, reducing time wasting with setting text-based million files within the system. Thanks.

Fahd

OK, with Mandriva, you can install the wizards, so:

urpmi drakwizard

if you get prompted to choose an option of some perl or net_ldap thing, I chose the first option as it was 9MB install instead of 10MB. But it doesn't matter which exactly.

Then, go into mcc or if you prefer System/Configuration/Configure Your Computer. There will be a wizard in here for configuring your email server.

However, should something go wrong in the future, it is good to learn and know the config files. I certainly recommend it. But this should get you going at least.

I am using mandriva linux 2007, and i would like to set up a mail server with GUI management toolsto take control over the system, reducing time wasting with setting text-based million files within the system. Thanks.

Fahd

I bet $20 that I can configure or re-configure a mail server a million times quicker using text files, rather than a silly gui interface ... but that's just me

perhaps you should look at something like mandriva server corperate edition