PHOENIX-Browser is GREAT!!

qeldroma

me:

hey guys, you have to test the new Mozilla-clone, it is done by mozilla.org.

I tried it first on a Win2K machine and p.e. 'zdnet.de' was FOUR TIMES faster then IE!!!

I did install it by now on all my machines instead of every existing browser and i posted it to all my friends.

The good features of Mozilla are certainly alife.

-----------------------------

Dirty Old Man:

Yes this new PHOENIX browser looks great and for a 0.1release it seems to work pretty good. I have it installed both in MD9RC3 and Win98SE.

I especially like the fact that is loads in a matter of a "very" few seconds - even Mozilla feels like bloat-ware. I am looking for their next release, sometime next week.

Java i didn't try by now, but flash is working in ALL existing browsers i've got here.....

Maybe differences in the way, you installed phoenix??

Ah, i remember what i did:

I installed EVERY RPM from texstar...that must be the reason, that all is working well :wink:

after trying to symlink my netscape plugins folder i simply copied the plugins to phoenix... doesn´t work for me. phoenix hangs if i try to load a site that has flash animations. flash is working in konqueror *confusion*

after trying to symlink my netscape plugins folder i simply copied the plugins to phoenix... doesn´t work for me. phoenix hangs if i try to load a site that has flash animations. flash is working in konqueror *confusion*

:-/ I hope I don't have the same problem in linux...(still stuck in XP)