TikiWiki anyone?

ramfree17

since paul has already decomissioned his old wiki and I have a small hosted space I decided to install tikiwiki. the installation was very smooth and i managed to login as the admin. now, the big question:

how do i add a wiki? i think i have clicked every possible link and still no dice. i tried using the opensourcecms demo to see if i just messed up the installation and I also couldnt figure out how to do it from there.

just to show that i am only dumb and not so lazy, i have visited the tikiwiki site to see if they have guides for idiots but the whole site is too slow. :wall:

for the meantime i am uninstalling the tikiwiki in my site until somebody is kind enough to point me to the right direction. or maybe i will just try phpwiki. or figure out drupal wiki.

or maybe ill just quit pretending that i understand anything. :wall:

thanks.

ciao!

ok, i finally got one tikiwiki doc page to load and according to that page it might be a permission problem (as an admin?).

i dont have those items in the right hand corner of the screenshot so permissions might be the culprit. lets see if i can do something about it in the demo site...

ciao!

since paul has already decomissioned his old wiki and I have a small hosted space I decided to install tikiwiki.

What do you need that wiki for? Is it for your own purposes or you want to make another wiki for mandrivausers.org? If the latter than mandrivausers.org already has a wiki see https://mandrivausers.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The link you gave does not work for me.

personal use. i dumped a lot of information on that wiki but i cant fault paul for decommissioning it since it has been quite some time since i visited it.

right now i am aiming to use a wiki to dump some of the interesting stuff that trickles to my inbox. wordpress is not a good vehicle for that. i should really start understanding how drupal works... :(

ciao!