why i hate 9.1rc2

ezroller

Just decided to install it, it looks pretty, but I have some very odd behavior. here's the list. If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated.

A. When I open konqueror and go to view hidden files, it is filling up with .font-cache.TMP files. hundreds of them. CPU throttled at 99% when I view my home directory like this.

B. If I open a window in kcontrol to browse to something, I can't click my way through the directories. I have to manually type them in the bar.. note this is only in kcontrol windows. not konqueror.

C. I didn't install Moz during the install. I waited and pulled down the stable 1.3 build. But now the damn thing refuses to keep my settings/preferences.

D.Trying to mount the zip drive results in system lockup.

It sucks.i hope to god they know of these errors and are fixing them for the 9.1.final.

Hey, I had the .tmp thing going with konqorer. I thought it was the cleverest bug I had ever seen! I use Galeon instead. But I also noticed that if konqorer is launched from the quick browse, it doesn't do the .tmp thing. Go figure!!

The Mozilla build works pretty good, I'm just waiting to get the 9.1 final. Or I could not go to work and play with my computer, but it's really hard to convince the wife that the budget will be OK!

I have a few shortcuts on my desktop to specific partitions, such as, /opt, /stuff, /home/ezroller, etc. I noticed that if I use the link my home, it does the wierd TMP thing. But if I go to say /opt first, then to /home, it doesn't do it. wierd. well, since I only use /home/user to hold user config files I guess its not a big deal. I rarely go in there anyways.

yeah it'll create them until i click out of konqueror. the files are called :

.fonts.cache-1, .fonts.cache-1.TMP-oBjvZw, .fonts.cache-1.TMP-3QoFIM, .fonts.cache-1.TMP-4gMH3F..........and a multitude of other TMP-XXXXX files.

I have no idea where the hell or what the hell is writing these.

here is what is in the .fonts.cache-1 file. sorry its so long. well...actually. its 871 lines long of gibberish and a few references to

"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mdk" 0 1048095300 ".dir"

"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo" 0 1048095300 ".dir"

"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF" 0 1048095300 ".dir"

"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/luximri.ttf" 0 1046337599 "Luxi

and a few other things. I notice it names a font, and then displays gibberish like this:

:lang=aa|af|ast|ay|bi|br|bs|ca|ch|co|cs|da|de|en|eo|es|et|eu|fi|fj|fo|fr|fur

|fy|gd|gl|gv|ho|hr|hu|ia|id|ie|io|is|it|ki|kl|la|lb|lt|lv|mg|mh|mt|nb|nl|nn|no|n
y|oc

|om|pl|pt|rm|ro|se|sk|sl|sma|smj|smn|so|sq|sv|sw|tn|tr|ts|vo|vot|wa|wen|wo

|xh|yap|zu:fontversion=72090"