Can't use xgl or AIGLX

G_Rammstein

well, i just installed the nv driver 1.0-8774 and i tryed to activate xgl, aiglx was greyed out. it told me to log out in order to activate changes. I did, and when i logged in again, the ressolution was extremly small, no effect what so ever and when i wen't to the config screen again both xgl and aiglx were greyed out. did i do something wrong??

Edit:

Now i just found that when i run unrel tournament, instead of going to 800x600, it just go into a virtual ressolution. Did i break anything??

Edited by Geprge

Probably not...

Sometimes if you run games when it comes back afterwards the resolution for some reason stays?

Usually you can just CRTL+ALT and numpad +/- to cycle through the displays...

Overall The virtual resolutiuon displays are a pain in the £$% IMHO... and I never figured why mandriva adds them...I prefer to just leave straight displays like

SubSection "Display"
			Depth		   24
			Modes "1440x900" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection

Its not like the virtual displays are actually usable? or is it just me?

don't exactly understand what u mean by cycling thorugh displays. I just try to start unreal tournament, and instead of going to real 800x600 it goes into virtual 800x600. And it sucks, cause the gampley is so slow. My desktop is 1024x864 with 85hz.i have also reinstalled the video driver and still nothing. maybe because of the desktop manager?? how do i change my dm??

Hi George,

did you go through the HOWTO in the Tips'n Tricks section on this board yet?

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=35606

There's other threads on this subject, too. Maybe you'd consider changing to the new 1.0-9626 nvidia driver (announced on portal news)?

BTW, what's about your nick and the comment in your signature? Did you actually mistype or...? Sorry for asking, but if not ... I've seen much stranger ways of humour within nicks and sigs in the net. ;-)