realtek al861/intel hda audio [solved]

isamu

Hi there .Im with a new bug here. Hope someone can give me a hint.. well I buy a new Laptop a Toshiba L-35 based on a ATI radeon 200x , well the point its I have no sund, the chipset its a realtek al861 audio system but the lnux recognizes it as an azalia hd driver, whatever its an intel hd driver but its doesnt work, I ve read thart the alsa before 0.9 dont work and try with each and every version and subversion after this but dont work, the best I get its a small sound like playing out in the mic line out (?)

by the system the sound card its properly installed but it doesn play a sound at all. when installing from the dvd (using the driver of the release) it send me and error at starting the sound and alsa service something like "unrecognized symbol in /.../.../*.ko.gz"

Im using the mandriva 2006 powerpack dvd.

Sometimes only show me as output device the mic. Im sure unmuted all the devices.

Thanks in advance to all.

I dont want to use w*****s please help me!!!!

Thanks again

Welcome aboard.

I did some research but haven't found any sign that anyone got that card working on linux yet. Is it a very new audio card? If yes, chances are high that there is no support for it yet in linux.

btw: sound is not a "real reason" forcing you to switch to Windows in many cases. But to each his own... You can also set up a dual-boot-system if you really need the sound option and want a safe system for webbrowsing also.