Jump to content
eroica

Corrupted MCC [solved]

Recommended Posts

hi,

i've hosed my setup tryiing to upgrade kernel. now i cant use the software module in MCC. i tried urpmi.removemedia -a and readded repo's but still when i click on anything in software it exits w/o screen appearing. I have the mde drakconf module installed. any idea's howto get Software working again w/o reinstall???

thanx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kernel are you running? If it's one you compiled yourself, you'll need to use a Mandriva kernel, because mcc and a lot of it's apps stop working when use compile your own.

 

If not, disregard what I just said :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

# rpmdrake

can not find function c::bind_textdomain_codeset

c::AUTOLOAD() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/rpmdrake.pm:91

(eval)() called from /usr/sbin/rpmdrake:50

main::BEGIN() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/rpmdrake.pm:0

(eval)() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/rpmdrake.pm:0

Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/rpmdrake line 50.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/rpmdrake line 50.

 

uname -r

2.6.17-1mdk

from the mde repo's.

 

a little backround. I was trying to update libdbus from mde repo and that was causing a cups error so I went to revert back to stock libdbus and it removed a whole bunch of packages that i thought would be reinstalled when i reinstalled stock libdbus. that's when MCC disappeared altogether. I've been able to reinstall most of drakx but not software. I assume i must have some kind of mismatch between mde packages & stock mdk packages....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll move this post to the workbench forums since it's regarding a thac/mde repository. They'll then be able to see why and help you fix it.

 

This is the best forum to post into for special rpm's because it's non-standard Mandriva stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
# rpmdrake

can not find function c::bind_textdomain_codeset

c::AUTOLOAD() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/rpmdrake.pm:91

(eval)() called from /usr/sbin/rpmdrake:50

main::BEGIN() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/rpmdrake.pm:0

(eval)() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/rpmdrake.pm:0

Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/rpmdrake line 50.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/rpmdrake line 50.

In my experience you need to update rpmdrake to the MDE version and the problem is solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...