Kbear issue - Help please

photoworks

i succeeded setting up connection to a remote webserver with Kbear but when i try to upload a file to the server (by dragging ad fropping from local directory to remote directory and then selecting copy) the application crashes.

Any reason why ?

Help please !!!!!!!!!!!!

I use Filezilla 2.X (for windows) under wine, mainly because it works flawlessly.

But you can also use native Linux clients, like kftpgrabber and kasablanca.

Both aren't perfect, or very actively maintained, but they are several light years ahead of the most stupid bear I've seen in my life.

And Filezilla 3 (native for Linux) is still very beta, but even that one puts a bear to shame... :P

Or actually you can use whatever you wish, even gftp... everything should be better than kbear, which sucks more than one legion of electric vacuums.

Edited by scarecrow

What can I say, Kbear works for me.

It's not brilliant but it works, and as far as I can remember has never crashed for me when I dragged files around. I've since switched to kasablanca, which although isn't light years ahead, feels a little less clunky.

If you want to find out what's happening to Kbear, you could try launching it from a console (just type 'kbear') and then all the messages that it produces while it's working will get shown in the console window. Most won't make much sense but when it crashes it might produce something meaningful.

I use gftp, kftpgrabber has got to be the worst ever ftp client. In the middle of transferring, it would just close completely with no errors, nothing.