Screen Image just shrank [solved]

rogerh

Hello,

Just booted up and my screen image is only 2/3 high vertically - no change horizontally. Been running 10.0 official on this monitor (viewsonic e771) for over a year with no problems. Reboot yielded same problem, and resetting the hardware via harddrake was no improvement (after reboot). Any suggestions would be appreciated (not much fun to look at). Tried the screen scaling on the monitor itself - no help. No software changes as far as I know.........

Regards -- Roger

If you get the same in windows then it means you need to reset the monitor. It should have a reset button near the front somewhere. If that doesn't fix it then try the manual settings on the monitor, also somewhere near the front. If that doesn't fix it then I am afraid you are looking at needing a new monitor. They are so relatively cheap now days that it costs more to repair one than to replace it with a new one.

Good luck. John.

Well, same situation in Windows XP. Already tried the manual adjustment at the front of the monitor, and it can't compensate. I also can't find a reset button, so looks like a new monitor may be in my future........ Any recommendations for a particular brand would be appreciated.

Regards -- Roger