Mandrake and 9.1

Guest anon

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure of this, but I'm think it is right. Are Belgium government want to become a e-government. So, you can do a lot of things online....

When Bill Gates was here they showed him around...I believe they're using the .NET-technology and of course spend a lot of money on it....I don't think our ministers have ever heard about linux or another OS... All tax-payer money...

• 2 months later...

I thought someone knowledgable was saying that the only way to support Mandrake was through the club.

I just purchased my shiny new powerpack (9.1), I thought I was helping out. It doesn't work though, not for me anyway.

I guess I should get around to getting a phone line then I can get broadband :-) For me the CD edition is pretty useless, too many bugs if I don't have an internet connection. Basically (see thread on released to early) if you havn't got broadband the CD's don't help becuase theres just so many updates.

I hope there is a release 10, in about 5 years! I'd rather see a 9.1.1 pretty damn quick!

I don't want to see my favorite distro disappear anymore than anyone else but I ended up with Mandrake because of RedHat 7.0!

For me the CD edition is pretty useless, too many bugs if I don't have an internet connection.  Basically (see thread on released to early) if you havn't got broadband the CD's don't help becuase theres just so many updates.

for you might be but those updates arent really necessary if you dont use the utilities that are hit. search for rpm2cpio by aru in offtopic and you will see why i still havent updated my packages (at least not the big ones).

ciao!