Mandrake and 9.1

Guest anon

I wish this bugzilla would work a little quicker. I'm waiting around for minutes before I can submit a bug report, or look for a bug, what not.. How many bugs are going unreported because people are going "screw it" due to long lags?

Its just the time of day Cannon, sometimes it takes only seconds.... patience will reward you in the final release.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem with bugzilla. Its so painfully slow. Its ironic because on one hand they want us to report bugs and on the other hand they will make us wait 15 minutes for every 5-line bug report we submit. And already 9.1rc1 has tons of bugs.

I posted a couple around 9am GMT today (sunday) only took about 2 minutes, sometimes i have had to cancel and try again later. The weekends are always busy though, people have more time to test and report I guess.

There is also huge pressure on 9.1 final being as near perfect, for obvious reasons, so I suspect many more people are accessing bugzilla than usual.

I am getting this message over my DSL connection:

Connection to host qa.mandrakesoft.com is broken

My connection is alive since I downloaded a file from an ftp site at 80+ kbyte/s.

Overload for what ? Even if a 1000 users are typing in simultaneously at 100 bytes/s, its only 100kbyte/s. If its an issue of overload, just run the bugzilla like an ftp site, something like max users 500.

The beginning of the thread was saying how Mandrake needs our support. My dilema:

I'm a high school student, so I don't have a credit card. The 9.0 powerpack isn't avalible in my area (only 8.2!). How can I support Mandrake? Is there something else I can do?

I just would feel bad if I didn't make a contribution and I lost my favourite OS/linux distro. :wink:

Andrew