What wireless cards are supported in Mandriva20006

erniev

I have loaded Mandriva 2006 on my desktop - no windows -

In the household there is two laptops - windows xp - which have wireless connectivity with a Belkin Router/ADSL Model Number F5D7633-4.

If it is possible I would like to install a wireless card in my desktop and access the internet through the Belkin.

Does Madrive 2006 include support for any particular wireless cards - if yes can you tell my where I can find which ones are supported. If not are there any wireless cards which are known to be relatively simple to to set up - being a newbie (and old enough to have difficulty learning new tricks) simplicity is preferred.

wireless card or wireless usb - whatever works best....

Many thanks for taking the time to read this request

ernie valentine

Montrose, Scotland

This link is a good place to start:

http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/en/hardware

If a card isn't supported natively, ie with a module/driver to control the card, then you can use ndiswrapper, which allows you to use the Windows XP driver for the wireless card in Linux.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawi...x.php/Main_Page

all the info you need. However, if you do use this, you can just install ndiswrapper from the easyurpmi software repositories, to save you compiling. This is what I did with my card, which is Atheros chipset based, and then installed wpa_supplicant after this to use my access point with WPA-PSK security.

PS - Welcome to the board :beer: