Frozen Bubble hits 1.0

DOlson

Do you think this version will make it into Mandrake 9.1? Let's hope so.. even though I don't play this game but this one can be a draw for linux users right after tuxracer.

I'm pretty sure it should make it... Well, it depends... Since Mandrake is the primary developer, you would think it would make it in...

I'm not so concerned as I don't run Mandrake, but it'd be great if they did have it. Maybe someone can ask Mandrake directly?

i play this game more than i play any of my commercial games :)

I usually get sick of it after 25 levels, so I never finish it.

How's the MiG Alley port coming? Is it gonna be released soon or what?

yea, talk to roman about that. hes been working on it and from what ive heard it was going good but hes ran into a bunch of problems with windows code and im not a programer or such, so i couldnt tell you much more. BUT HE IS still working on it and he finaly recived the game in the mail last week so iall talk to him but he hasnt abandoned the project and if he does he will release what he has worked on.

yea, talk to roman about that. hes been working on it and from what ive heard it was going good but hes ran into a bunch of problems with windows code and im not a programer or such, so i couldnt tell you much more.  BUT HE IS still working on it and he finaly recived the game in the mail last week so iall talk to him but he hasnt abandoned the project and if he does he will release what he has worked on.

That's good to hear. Is he also working on an installer for it as well??? It would be nice to simply pop in the CD, DL and installer and let `er rip. Mig Alley comes in a cheap duel-jewel package with Apache or Comanche or something... you can get it almost anywhere that sells software.

If I can make one suggestion, it would be for him to include mouse/trackball flight control support, as many people don't have functional joysticks/joypads to play it under Linux.

yea, talk to roman about that. hes been working on it and from what ive heard it was going good but hes ran into a bunch of problems with windows code and im not a programer or such, so i couldnt tell you much more.  BUT HE IS still working on it and he finaly recived the game in the mail last week so iall talk to him but he hasnt abandoned the project and if he does he will release what he has worked on.

That's good to hear. Is he also working on an installer for it as well??? It would be nice to simply pop in the CD, DL and installer and let `er rip. Mig Alley comes in a cheap duel-jewel package with Apache or Comanche or something... you can get it almost anywhere that sells software.

If I can make one suggestion, it would be for him to include mouse/trackball flight control support, as many people don't have functional joysticks/joypads to play it under Linux.

Before their website got changed, it did say they'd make a Loki installer. If they don't, someone will *cough* ravage *cough*

Oh,... by the way, getting back to the original topic of Frozen Bubble...

My wife is now using Linux and is very addicted to this game. I just might have to download the new version. Is it available as an RPM???

Oh,... by the way, getting back to the original topic of Frozen Bubble...

My wife is now using Linux and is very addicted to this game. I just might have to download the new version. Is it available as an RPM???

Well, check the site.. You will find out that way :)

http://www.frozen-bubble.org

(BTW, the answer is yes).

I was hoping they would have incorporated network play with the new version. Guess I'll have to wait.

I'm not so concerned as I don't run Mandrake, but it'd be great if they did have it. Maybe someone can ask Mandrake directly?

What are you running now? Are you going to continue with the Mandrake eXperience?

I was hoping they would have incorporated network play with the new version. Guess I'll have to wait.

What are you running now? Are you going to continue with the Mandrake eXperience?

Netplay would be cool, but even cooler would be joystick support!

I use Debian dude. apt-get install frozen-bubble. Done.

Yeah, The Mandrake eXPerience will continue, I just have to get time to update it. The only real changes will be that I'll be focusing slightly more on games, and tutorials will have information for both Mandrake and Debian, if necessary. I have exams next week, so I'll try updating shortly after that.

NOTE: I lost a LOT of motivation after I lost mdkxp.by-a.com...

Guest dturley

anyone know if upgrading SDL as required breaks any currently installed SDL apps? Current 8.2 install:

david:~$ rpm -qa | grep SDL

perl-SDL-1.11-2mdk

libSDL_mixer1.2-devel-1.2.1-1mdk

libSDL1.2-1.2.3-6mdk

libSDL_net1.2-1.2.3-1mdk

libSDL_image1.2-1.2.1-1mdk

libSDL1.2-devel-1.2.3-6mdk

libSDL_image1.2-devel-1.2.1-1mdk

libSDL_mixer1.2-1.2.1-1mdk

libSDL_net1.2-devel-1.2.3-1mdk